1.25.2010

Go Green with EtsyChai – Living Green Part I

Go Green with EtsyChai

“My home is green in that I allow no chemical products to be used for cleaning, bug deterrents, etc. All of what I use is green and I make my own concoction for bugs (of which Florida is the BUGGIEST state - I swear) which is healthy for Cookie & I and works just as well if not better then any of those stinky chemicals that are so toxic!”
- Sandra of A Cache of Jewelsceramicsbymarcelle

Go Green with EtsyChai

“Since Oregon is very green, in both senses of the word, there is a strong community incentive to recycle. So weekly we recycle glass, plastic, cans and paper. We also have a worm farm, full of red wrigglers. We feed them daily our vegetable scraps along with eggshells,  coffee grounds and some paper products.  In return, they give us lots of very rich compost and "Worm Tea" which is the liquid that gathers at the bottom of the bin. This worm tea is a potent natural fertilizer and has caused some of my indoor plants to bloom,  [sic] … I didn't even know they could produce flowers!
We live rurally out in the forest where everything is green and the stars shine brightly. We appreciate our trees and admire them daily!
Though I don't have recycled materials per se in my shop, I do have stones that have been "recycled" from the earth, into natural jewelry!”
- Christine of Beads of Paradisebeadsofparadiseshop

Go Green with EtsyChai

Renewable Resources :  “The knitting needles I sell are made from Bamboo, a renewable resource- helping to keep our planet healthy and eco-friendly.”
- Sandra of A Cache of Jewels Bamboo Knitting Needles

Go Green with EtsyChai

“We've created a bird sanctuary in our backyard with native plantings, potted flowering plants, also native; both seed and nectar feeders for the birds, and a homemade water drip made out of a gallon milk jug. (For photos of this with simplified directions on how to make your own: here). The drip uses less than a gallon of water a day and what's left in the jug at the end of the day is used to water the potted plants. We need to bring in the birdfeeders and drip at night because of raccoons and possums that will destroy them.”
- April of AgruArts Ceramics  and Sur les Pointe.

Terrbear37.etsy.com

No comments: