10.29.2009

Member Focus on Georgia Morgan aka oakGeorgia

oakGeorgia.etsy.com 
Georgia Morgan of Urbana, Illinois has a wonderful shop filled with metal and polymer clay jewelry, one of a kind beads, artisan switch-plates and outlet covers.  She describes her shop with: “My main artistic influences have been the Art Nouveau and Art Deco movements, and the work that resonates the most with me combines organic elements in a geometric framework.”oakGeorgia

Curious?  Keep reading!

story pendant beadHow did you come to choose your craft or product? 
I honestly don’t remember how I started making jewelry—maybe I complained to a fiber arts friend (I have been a knitter since forever) that I couldn’t find a necklace of the sort I wanted, and she pointed me to a source for beads. I got into polymer clay when I got frustrated finding beads suitable for projects I had in mind, and discovered a whole world of possibilities.

What materials do you use?
Polymer clay, copper, silver, other metals, gemstone beads. I used to work exclusively with gemstone beads, now they function mainly as accents.

What is your favorite item in your shop right now? 

Amethyst Dragonfly:
Amethyst Dragonfly 

How do you budget your time?
I am pretty much a free spirit, but there never seems to be enough time in the day to do everything.

What do you do when you're totally uninspired?
Clean my workspace; update my website, prepare work for display.

oakGeorgia

Around the Web:

An Etsy seller since December 2008, Georgia also can be seen at georgiamorgan.net.

Do you sell outside Etsy? If so, where? 
At local art fairs, galleries, and state museum art shops. (Check out her site.)

Any advice to new Etsy sellers?
The Etsy Storque articles are very helpful, also the Etsy Forum archives. 

You can visit her “Art Gallery 2009” at Flickr.
oakgeorgia. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Photos are so important; do you have any special process for taking yours?
I use a light box and floodlights. Recently upgraded to a digital SLR which I LOVE.

Petal Pink Calla Lily Beach Colors Pendant Green Goddess

I think Georgia’s passion for her art really shows in her work.  I hope you get a chance to stop by this Etsy seller’s shop and have enjoyed the Member Feature.

1 comment:

Muffyjo said...

I am very Impressed with your Etsy Art Community. I wish You all the very Best. A Spiritual and Business Bond cannot go wrong! Cheryl, aka BestofbothWorlds here on Etsy, & on Twitter, as Livenbothworlds, and also promoting artistic business and charities as Oldandnew4You.